July 27, 2006

should be writing...

As has been the trend this year, my posts have been few and far between. But now that it's time to write my dissertation, there are two things you could expect from me: stress and procrastination. It might mean I will post more, but that's no real comfort because that also means I might not make any sense. I'd love to post on the ongoing situation between Lebanon and Israel (Stephen Harper!!??? Seriously??), but I doubt I could produce any intelligent thoughts at the moment.

I have five weeks to write 15-20,000 words - and I won't tell you how much I've done so far, as it is quite embarrassing. I have been working hard on it however, I have also been distracted doing other things like travelling, having visitors and watching Grey's Anatomy (well, a couple of things are still ongoing...). But the clock is ticking and I'm quickly losing my hair so I have to get working.

But to carry forward from my last post, Kosovo/a was definitely a worthwhile experience. I spent two weeks in Prishtina meeting with different locals and internationals who are working there. We visited different areas of the region, which are stunning. The highlight for me was meeting the many different people who were generous and hospitable to us. It was a place full of history and hope.

Since Kosovo, I've moved, gone to Dublin to visit my sister and her husband, Katz and Wilson, and to meet with my mom who was there at the same time. I've also gone to a wedding in Newcastle. A few people have also come to visit. It's been a busy time, and now it's time to buckle down and do some work...of course after next week's trip to Berlin.

This year went by so quickly. A lot of the people I've met in the past year have gone or are preparing to go back home, or somewhere else where there's a job or internship waiting for them. Bradford is starting to feel a little empty again.

Well as was part of the plan, posting on my blog has made me stress again about doing work. So before I go to bed tonight (which is in an hour), I better write something intelligent...(who am I kidding?) I guess as long as it's academic, that should be fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»