November 18, 2005

Bradford and the NHS

I was discharged from the Bradford Royal Infirmary yesterday afternoon after a few days of pain, morphine and finally laparoscopy (?). But more on that later.

Bradford, the city I now live in, is in the front news of the BBC. One cop was shot and killed, another seriously injured. Check out the news. Bradford gets some bad press and a lot of bad jibes. And unfortunately this episode is another one of those bad press reports that will stick in the minds people's minds in relation to Bradford. Condolences to the families of the victims.

I also do want to note that there are also some positives in Bradford this week. It is the Bradford Peace Festival, where today and tomorrow (among other things these past two weeks) there will be a stall, with activities in the Rawson Old Market between 11am-4pm. If I feel able to wander around the city, I will head over there and see what's going on.

No comments: