November 07, 2005

time to read??

It's reading break and in order for me to make the most academic use of the reading break (as probably what it was intended for), I created a schedule for myself. Day one of reading break and I'm already a few chapters behind...

Nonetheless it's been a productive day. I ran a few errands, some of which I procrastinated to do until today. Also, I went to the first planning meeting with a few colleagues to begin discussing our trip to Kosovo. The department is offering two study trips this year - one to Sri Lanka and one to Northern Ireland. The trip to Sri Lanka is open for about 10 people and all those interested had their names in a hat and unfortunately, I was not picked. I am thrilled though that those of us who were disappointed about being the Sri Lankan rejects decided to plan a trip to Kosovo at the initiation of one of my colleagues. I am in fact, more interested in going to Kosovo than to Sri Lanka. We are at the very preliminary stages of planning but I have high hopes that this trip will be an educational, cultural and FUN experience.

Now back to reading break. I will accomplish the goals I set out for this week. I hope I am able to focus because it's my opportunity to do some of the reading on my reading list and to finally be able to go to lectures prepared.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
angela said...

just another spam comment. ugh.

shelaine said...

Reading Break caused me to get behind in my studies... couz I went to Ottawa - well worth it. Playing catch up now. Anyways... Kosovo! Wow... cool. SL is cool too - good shopping, but Kosovo may be even more up your alley :) LMK how it goes eh!

Anonymous said...

AAAAANNNNNGGGGGEEEEEELLLLLLAAAAAAAAAA

Don't go to Kosovo, come to calgary. I'll feed you steaks.

Anonymous said...

i know what you're reading...
"The following event takes place between the hours of 2:00 and 3:00."

angela said...

okay ray, you're right. i also got my flatmates hooked actually. they're watching 24 right now while i'm getting ready for bed.

sak, i'll come to calgary and you could feed me steaks.

i won't be going to kosovo until end of may 2006 so i'm sure you'll be hearing more about it.