April 02, 2005

believe in fairies?



Finding Neverland is one of the sweetest films I've seen this year. It was tender, gentle, and beautiful.


The film shifts beautifully between the world of fairies and flying and the world of Victorian London - injecting hope into both life and death. Fact or fiction, it still is a moving film.

I would love to be able to see with such colour and life.
I've been thinking about creativity and I wonder what I would see if I was to give myself permission to such creative expression. I feel as though I often come to blocks and feel the need step back and resort to what's in the box already. Any suggestions?

But really, I guess I just have to believe in fairies to see Neverland.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey anj, I remember being in this situation - not able to give my creative voice room to breath. I discovered, and perhaps you will too, that it was because my critical voice was over developed. (one of the symptoms of learning to pick art to pieces!!) Creativity is a muscle that needs flexing like any other... Try to learn to 'turn off' that little voice in your head that keeps wanting to critique anything you attempt. Learn to 'edit' later... Hope this helps... magz

angela said...

hey magz. thanks for your input. i never thought of creativity as a muscle that needs flexing...

looking forward to reading your work.

take care. angela