April 02, 2005

friends - new and old

So, I had quite an unexpected week - though I procrastinated, I couldn't ask for a different Easter weekend.

I went to a stations of the cross exhibition at church.co.uk on Wednesday eve (two Wed ago!) called the Icons of Easter, organised by the local church community with artwork by local artists, a school and members of the headspace community.

After a conversation with Shannon (a friend who happens to be a hub of sorts) at the exhibition I decided to visit Cambridge, where I met and stayed with Shannon's friends Phu-tan and Maggie. I was unsure what to expect but it only took a couple of minutes for me to know that I was in for quite a brilliant weekend with them. Great conversations, good food (thanks PT!) and a couple of films later with them (and Shannon as she decided to come to Cambridge the following day), I am convinced of 'Divine coincidences'. I arrived into Cambridge on Friday and left on Sunday afternoon.

This past week Joseph Bonifacio was visiting from Manila. I knew him as a young lad, barely hitting adolescence when I left Manila ten years ago :) Now that he's an adult, it's reminded me that I too have aged 10 years. I find that I'm reminded of my age when I see people I knew as little kids grow up and prove to be smarter than me...

Spent some time as a tourist in London with Joe - walking around the city and South Bank, V&A, watching Phantom (thanks to Joe). After living here for a year and a half, walking around with someone who's new to the city was quite refreshing. It made me appreciate being in London again.


As my gorgeous belly dancing friend r said on the previous post's comment we often can't plan such cool moments. People we meet - new friends and old - is what makes life rich and fascinating. I could've planned the past week earlier but the moments with people are what makes life special - and even in my procrastination there was something Divine. Grace can't be planned.

No comments: