March 24, 2005

Daffodils & procrastination

I've had a two-day work week. I took a couple of days annual leave and I kept putting off making plans to go anywhere or do anything during this long weekend. So, I find myself on the second day of my long Easter weekend at home and in front of the computer. I've procrastinated. That's alright though, I will book my travel arrangements right after this post.

I told myself late last year that I would finally get fit by the summer. Without fail every week since that initial thought of commitment I assured myself that I would start the following Monday. Now it's spring and I've postponed it until now. I'll start right after Easter I guess.

And yes, speaking of spring...from the kitchen I could see the gorgeous bright daffodils my flatmates so dutifully cared for. Fortunately they were in someone else's care as I probably would have put off watering them until the last possible moment.

Gosh...am I really that unreliable??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take heart Ang! I have killed many a plant in my day...
But I have found that when something really matters to me, my natural bend to proscratinate doesn't stand in the way.
And, funnily enough proscratinating has been known to yield the coolest opportunities that would have been missed entirely had a been one of those "organized" people ;)
Take your time. Enjoy the daffodils.

angela said...

thanks for your comment, r. this weekend has been one of those cool opportunities that you mention. i will post something of my easter weekend soon. one thing though, can you tell me a little more about you? cheers for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

oh ang...i'm often referred to as "gorgeous" and I've taken up belly dancing for my birthday.

angela said...

ah yes. Gorgeous you are indeed! Hope you enjoyed belly dancing! anj