May 08, 2005

buon giorno

Back from the land of Italy and back to somewhat regular life in London. After a two week visit Rick got on a flight back to Vancouver this afternoon. After seeing him off at Heathrow Van and Omar had me over their place to cheer me up. We decided to watch The Godfather, which is somewhat a strange and even warped choice if one is looking for something fun and cheery but I guess it follows on the Italian theme of the past couple of weeks, and is a brilliant movie anyway.

Our trip to Italy was so full of surprises. We visited Venice, Trent, Verona, Cinque Terre, Florence, Siena, Certaldo and Pisa. Quite a few places in nine days. All of them packed with vignettes, some of which I'll blog about. As for now, it's time for me to get to bed, and get ready to put in a full day's work tomorrow.

No comments: